- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 or 2 bunches of escarole, chopped into about 1 inch pieces
- 1 or 2 can cannellini beans, drained
- clove of garlic, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- hot pepper seeds optional
- Start by washing the escarole in the sink filled with cold water or in a large pot of cold water. Shake it around so all the sand falls to the bottom.
- Take the leaves out of the water and put into a strainer to drain.
- Repeat this process till all the dirt and sand is removed.
- Drizzle about 1/2 to 1 cup of olive oil in a large skillet. Heat
- Drop garlic into heated oil, don't let it get too brown.
- Add the chopped escarole and let it wilt.
- Add the drained beans heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add the hot pepper seads if you like it a little hot.
NotesThis is a simple and quick meatless dish or use as a side dish.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More