- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can black beans
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice (easiest to use a rice cooker with your favorite kind of grain. I never get it right in a saucepan.)
- oil to prevent sticking (i prefer virgin olive for health and flavor)
- cilantro and garlic to taste
- Drain half the liquid from the beans and set aside. Slice onion and chop pepper. If you use fresh garlic or cilantro, prep by mincing them now also. Sautee onions and then add bell peppers with the garlic. Add the beans to warm them. Season to taste. There should be enough salt fromthe liquid reserved in the beans.
- Top rice with the beans and vegetables.
NotesEasy and delicious dishto accompany any tex-mex meal. Serves 4.