- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. bear meat, cubed to 1 inch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- 5 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 lb carrots, sliced
- 5 large potatoes, peeled & sliced in chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 can tomato soup condensed
- Lightly season meat with salt and pepper.
- Coat with flour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, add meat and brown. Place the meat in a Dutch oven and cover with water.
- Add season salt and bring to a boil, cover and simmer for two hours.
- Add vegetables and more water if needed, simmer for one hour.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, soup, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove heat and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Ready to serve.
- Serve with toasted bread, corn bread or hot rolls.
NotesWhen I dress out a bear I always have plenty of trimmings to save for this recipe. This is an excellent dish, everyone admits they can't even tell it has wild game for the meat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
culinary karmaSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More