- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen I dress out a bear I always have plenty of trimmings to save for this recipe. This is an excellent dish, everyone admits they can't even tell it has wild game for the meat.
- 2 lbs. bear meat, cubed to 1 inch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- 5 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 lb carrots, sliced
- 5 large potatoes, peeled & sliced in chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 can tomato soup condensed
- Lightly season meat with salt and pepper.
- Coat with flour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, add meat and brown. Place the meat in a Dutch oven and cover with water.
- Add season salt and bring to a boil, cover and simmer for two hours.
- Add vegetables and more water if needed, simmer for one hour.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, soup, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove heat and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Ready to serve.
- Serve with toasted bread, corn bread or hot rolls.