- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 TBSP minced onion
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon worsteshire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain tomato soup
- Saute onion and mushrooms in 2 TBSP butter and then remove and put aside.
- Brown meat.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook slowly until tender.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
NotesMy Grandpa Frank Beckwith (aka "Becky") worked as a cook in NY back in the 1940's and 50's. His notebooks filled with his recipes have been handed down to me. This is one of them, I love it.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More