BEEF, ASPARAGUS & PORTOBELLO STIR-FRY
- Servings: 4
- 1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak , 3/4" thick
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut into 2" diagonal pieces
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 4 cups hot cooked rice, cooked without salt
Slice beef into very thin strips. Mix cornstarch, broth, soy, sugar and garlic powder until smooth. Set aside.Cook beef in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned.Add asparagus, mushrooms and roasted pepper. Stir broth mixture and add. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Serve over rice.
*For easier slicing, freeze beef for 1 hr.