BEEF & BROCCOLI SOMEN NOODLES
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb beef chuck, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- oil for browning beef
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 lb fresh broccoli florets or frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- garlic powder & black pepper to taste
- small handful of somen noodles
- water for boiling noodles
- sesame oil (optional)
- Toss sliced beef in the cornstarch and set aside.
- In wide shallow pan, heat cooking oil and brown beef.
- Add minced garlic and sliced onion.
- When beef is completely browned, deglaze the pan with beef broth, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir to get all the brown bits from the bottom.
- Season liquid to taste with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Add broccoli and bamboo shoots; let simmer for about 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Cook somen noodles in boiling water for 5-7 minutes; remove and drain.
- Toss noodles in stir fry and add a few drops of sesame oil for added flavor/aroma.
NotesSomen are thin, round, white noodles made from wheat flour and is similar to vermicelli. Strands of somen are generally found dried and often packaged in band tied bundles. It's often served cold but is also added to soups. But for tonight, I decided it would compliment my beef & broccoli stir fry wonderfully... and it did!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More