- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 35
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak, cut diagonally across the grain into 1/2-inch-by-3-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 head broccoli, stems trimmed, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch rounds, florets separated into bite-size pieces
- Coarse salt
- 1. In a large, shallow bowl, mix soy sauce, apple juice, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add meat; toss to coat.
- Let marinate 15 minutes. Transfer meat to a plate; reserve marinade.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat.
- In two batches, cook meat until lightly browned, turning once, about 2 minutes per batch. Remove meat.
- Add 1/2 cup water to pan; stir up browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into marinade; whisk in cornstarch.
- 3. In same skillet, fry broccoli in remaining teaspoon oil over high heat until bright green and crisp, tossing often, 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water; cook until broccoli is tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 4. Stir marinade, add to pan, and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened, 30 seconds. Return meat to pan; toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Per serving: 319 calories; 15.3 grams fat; 32.1 grams protein; 14.3 grams carbohydrates; 3.5 grams fiber.
- Note: To make it easier to slice the steak very thinly, place it in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes, wrapped well in plastic.
NotesChinese noodles, available in the Asian section of most supermarkets, are a delicious accompaniment. You can also serve the stir-fry over white or brown rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More