- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pkg Hong Kong flour noodles
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 lb lean beef cut thin for stir fry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut in small flowerettes
- 1 can straw mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare beef by coating it in cornstarch, salt & pepper; Set aside.
- In a medium hot pan, heat your oil. Add flour noodles to pan in one even layer.Cook noodles until crisp on one side.Remove from pan and drain over paper towels.
- Add beef to the hot pan and brown. Add garlic and onions; stir until softened.
- Add broccoli, oyster sauce, water and soy sauce.
- Heat through until broccoli is cooked.Plate crispy noodles and top with stir fry.
NotesIt seems like we have been drawn to asian food recently since we haven't had any good home cookin for the past two weeks and we're very close to asian markets in our new neighborhood.
With that, I made some beef & broccoli stir fry over Hong Kong pan fried noodles as our first dinner in our new home. Hong Kong pan fried noodles is a Hong Kong-style dish consisting of flour noodles that have been pan-fried until crispy, and served together with vegetables, chicken, beef and/or seafood.
Here's my recipe for Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried Noodles: