- Cooking Time: 420-480
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 5-6 lb. chuck roast, bone in
- 2 pkgs. onion soup mix, dry
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can beef stock
- 1 cup red wine, a good one (I use Merlot)
- 1/4 cup A-1 Sauce
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 1 2 lb package noddles (cooked according to pkg.
- Cut the meat into 1 inch pieces, cut off the bone, but keep the bone.
- In a heavy skillet heat the butter and oil. Brown the meat and the bones. Place the browned meat and bones into a large crock pot (6-7 quarts).
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and saute just a few minutes. Add mushroom soup, onion soup mix, beef stock, A-1 Sauce and wine. Mix well and pour over meat.
- Turn the crock pot to low and cover. Let cook for 7-8 hours.
- About 1/2 hour before serving, mix 1T cornstarch with a little cold water and gently stir into the beef to thicken. Cover and let finish cooking. Place cooked noodles on serving platter and pour beef over and serve.
NotesThis is a updated twist on a dish my mother used to make all the time. I tried it in the crock pot and it works great. It is great on a cool Fall evening, to come home after work, to a house filled with the aroma of the comfort food cooking. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More