- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, bulk, or cut in thin slices (we used Sweet Italian)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. oil, if needed
- 5 lbs tomato puree, or 3 28-oz. cans
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. parsley
- 1 Tbsp. salt (didn't add a whole lot, figured there was enough in the canned tomato puree)
- 1/4 rounded tsp. pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- crushed red pepper, optional
- Brown meat and onion in skillet in oil, unless they produce enough of their own drippings.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on low 8 hours.
- Serve over pasta.
- **This makes a lot!!!**
NotesThis is really good!!! My husband couldn't rave enough about it!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume OneSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More