- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, bulk, or cut in thin slices (we used Sweet Italian)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. oil, if needed
- 5 lbs tomato puree, or 3 28-oz. cans
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. parsley
- 1 Tbsp. salt (didn't add a whole lot, figured there was enough in the canned tomato puree)
- 1/4 rounded tsp. pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- crushed red pepper, optional
- Brown meat and onion in skillet in oil, unless they produce enough of their own drippings.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on low 8 hours.
- Serve over pasta.
- **This makes a lot!!!**
NotesThis is really good!!! My husband couldn't rave enough about it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More