- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryYou Are What You Eat
More True for Cats
BakeSpace Note: Please keep in mind that some experts express concern that homemade pet food may not contain the optimal combination of nutrients (amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals) that pets require for long-term health. Your pet’s species, breed, age and any existing medical problems should be considered before preparing a homemade meal. Please consult your veterinarian for more information.
- 1/2 cup raw trimmed beef
- A few tablespoons of beef broth (Preferably not the canned or cubed variety)
- 2 tablespoons cooked oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon dried barley grass powder (Find at a pet food store)
- 1 cooked minced veggie (Your cat's favorite - Carrots are often a favorite)
- Cook raw trimmed beef in just enough broth to cover, over medium to low heat. When beef is cooked thru shred with fork and mix with the broth in which it was cooked. Add the minced veggie and the barley grass powder. Stir well. Last add the oatmeal to achieve the consistency that your cat likes. This is a good cat food recipe for indoor pets.