- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1(26 oz,)can tomato soup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 med. head coarsely chopped cabbage
- 8=10 med. fresh tomatoes, cut into weages
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Spray a 13"x9" baking dish.
- In a frying pan place the beef together with the onion and cook till hot but not brown and then season with salt and pepper.
- Put half of the cabbage into the dish.
- Cover with the meat and onion.
- Top with remaining cabbage and pour soup over the top.
- Place tomatoes around edges. Place remaining on top.
- Cover the Beef And Cabbage Casserole and bake for 1 hour.
- Let set 10 Min. before serving.
NotesI recived this recipe from our pres. of the West Piney FCE Club. It is a quick and easy recipe to make. This has a great flavour with the mixture of beef, onion, cabbage, tomatoe and tomato soup, what a great taste sensation. I like toasted & buttered rye bread served with this casserole. You have a good one dish meal!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More