- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1 lb. sliced boneless beef sirloin or top round steak, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- Generous dash ground black pepper
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- Heat water to a boil in saucepan. Add barley. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 40 min. or until barley is tender. Cook beef in nonstick saucepot until browned and juices evaporate,stirring often. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until tender.Add broth, thyme, black pepper and carrots. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 10 min. or until carrots are tender. Stir in barley.
- Serves 4.
- TIP: Substitute 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley for pearl barley. Cook 12 min. (or according to pkg. directions) until barley is tender.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Vegan Eats!See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More