BEEF BE GONE TURKEY BURGERS WITH MANGO RUM SAUCE
Beef Be Gone Turkey Burgers With Mango Rum Sauce
They're packed with spices and..Read More
- Cooking Time: about 12
- Servings: 4 patties
- Preparation Time: 40
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 C. diced onion
- 1/4 C. diced bell pepper
- 1 tsp. Jack Daniels number 7 mustard
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (adjust for more or less heat)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 4 Ciabatta rolls
- fresh spinach leaves to cover one side of bread
- Ingredients For Mango Rum Sauce
- 1 1/2 C. fresh mango, sliced in chunks
- 1 tsp. lime curd
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Mango Rum
- 1 tsp. honey
- 5 drops of tabasco (adjust for your taste)
- 1/8 C. plus 1 Tbsp. sour cream
Directions For Sauce
Add first 6 ingredients to blender.
Pour into bowl and stir in sour cream.
Can be made ahead and is also wonderful on chicken and fish. Mango pairs well with spicy food and rum, well it blends with almost anything, doesn't it?
Directions For Burgers
Add first 11 ingredients into a bowl and mix by hand.
Shape into 4 equal patties.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Cook until turkey is cooked through, approximately 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
Do not press the burger down with the spatula. Turkey is quite lean and you want to keep all those delicious juices trapped inside until you take that first succulent bite!
Turn once and leave it alone.
In the last couple minutes of cooking add a slice of cheese to each pattie and allow to melt.
Serve on ciabatta rolls or bread of your choice with a layer of spinach leaves and a dollop of mango rum sauce.
These turkey burgers can be shaped into mini patties and served up as appetizers with the sauce for dipping. So take em along to your next party as a low carb addition!
They're packed with spices and herbs, moist, juicy, and the mango cools it all down. You get some texture from the spinach and all served on a crusty ciabatta roll!