- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 6 pieces round steak (about 1 1/2 pounds total), pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed cream soup
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, undrained
- Lay beef steaks out flat; season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Evenly distribute onion and green pepper over each steak.
- Roll up each steak from one narrow end, and then secure each with 2 wooden picks.
- Heat vegetable oil in Dutch oven.
- Add birds; saute 2 minutes on each side to brown lightly.
- Whisk together soup and broth in small bowl.
- Add mushrooms with their liquid.
- Pour over birds in Dutch oven.
- Simmer, covered, 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Uncover Dutch oven for last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Remove beef rolls to platter.
- Pour cooking liquid over birds.
- Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes if desired.
- I also like to put in a carrot stick along with the onion and green pepper for color.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More