- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 6 pieces round steak (about 1 1/2 pounds total), pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed cream soup
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, undrained
- Lay beef steaks out flat; season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Evenly distribute onion and green pepper over each steak.
- Roll up each steak from one narrow end, and then secure each with 2 wooden picks.
- Heat vegetable oil in Dutch oven.
- Add birds; saute 2 minutes on each side to brown lightly.
- Whisk together soup and broth in small bowl.
- Add mushrooms with their liquid.
- Pour over birds in Dutch oven.
- Simmer, covered, 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Uncover Dutch oven for last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Remove beef rolls to platter.
- Pour cooking liquid over birds.
- Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes if desired.
- I also like to put in a carrot stick along with the onion and green pepper for color.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More