- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 5 medium onions
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 lbs round steak, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 2 TBS cold water
- 1 1/2 cups red burgundy wine or beef stock (I used beef stock)
- 3/4 cup beef stock or low sodium beef bouillon
- Brown onions and mushrooms in oil; cook and stir until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside. Brown meat in the same skillet. Sprinkle marjoram, garlic, basil, salt and pepper over meat.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch and water to form a paste. Stir cornstarch paste into skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 additional minute. Stir in wine or stock. Add beef broth.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until meat is tender. Stir in onions and mushrooms; heat through.
NotesThis is a very healthy recipe that I got from a book called Eat Well, Live well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Taste of CenturyLink
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More