- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 5 medium onions
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 lbs round steak, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 2 TBS cold water
- 1 1/2 cups red burgundy wine or beef stock (I used beef stock)
- 3/4 cup beef stock or low sodium beef bouillon
- Brown onions and mushrooms in oil; cook and stir until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside. Brown meat in the same skillet. Sprinkle marjoram, garlic, basil, salt and pepper over meat.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch and water to form a paste. Stir cornstarch paste into skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 additional minute. Stir in wine or stock. Add beef broth.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until meat is tender. Stir in onions and mushrooms; heat through.
NotesThis is a very healthy recipe that I got from a book called Eat Well, Live well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More