- Cooking Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 8 1/2 cup servings
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup less-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large unpeeled orange wedge
- Nutrition Per Serving:
- CALORIES 180(40% from fat); FAT 8g (sat 3g,mono 3.4g,poly 0.3g); PROTEIN 22.2g; CHOLESTEROL 71mg; CALCIUM 16mg; SODIUM 320mg; FIBER 0.4g; IRON 2.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 3.5g
- 1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 1. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add beef; sauté 5 minutes or until beef is browned on all sides.
- 2. Stir in broth, sugar, salt, and pepper; nestle orange section into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- 3. Remove and discard orange. Continue simmering, uncovered, 8 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently.
NotesI got this from a friend who got it at a Healthy Living meeting. I love the interesting mix of flavors.
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More