BEEF COOKIES (HOMEMADE DOG FOOD)
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup dry milk
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon honey
- one 3 1/3 oz. jar of strained beef baby food
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 1/2 cup dry milk and 1/2 cup wheat germ; drizzle 1 teaspoon honey on top.
- Add one 3 1/3 oz. jar of strained beef baby food or homemade blended liver and stir until everything is well mixed.
- Form the mixture into balls; place them on an oiled cookie sheet and flatten them with a fork.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Consistency should be fudgy.
- Store in a jar in the fridge; freeze if keeping more than a few days.
NotesBakeSpace Note: Please keep in mind that some experts express concern that homemade pet food may not contain the optimal combination of nutrients (amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals) that pets require for long-term health. Your pet’s species, breed, age and any existing medical problems should be considered before preparing a homemade meal. Please consult your veterinarian for more information.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More