- Cooking Time: 16hrs
- Servings: 10+
- Preparation Time: 30min
- 1-1 1/2lbs Beef- Chuck, Rump or Blade
- 1 lg (24oz) can Italian Plum tomatoes
- 1 med Onion, sliced and sautéd in plenty of olive oil til tender
- 1 bulb Garlic, peeled, cloved and chopped
- 1/4c Worchestershire
- 1-2tsps Oregano
- 1/2tsp dried crushed Pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 reg (14-16oz) can Tomato Sauce
- 2-3tsps Paprika
- 1 sm can Tomato Paste
- 1lb Picolinni pasta
- 1-2+c V-8 juice
- shredded Parmesan/Romano cheese for garnish
Put beef, tomatoes, sautéd onions (with oil from pan), garlic, Worchestershire, oregano, pepper flake and salt & pepper in Crockpot in the evening before bedtime.
Turn on LOW and cook 6-8hrs.
In the morning, stir to shred beef, break up tomatoes and crush garlic. I sort of mash large chunks against the sides of the crock to break them down.
Add tomato sauce and paprika. Go to work (i.e., cook another 6-+hrs). It is never a bad idea to have someone who has access stir once during the day.
When you get home, stir in tomato paste, ensuring it is well-incorporated (using mash-against-sides method!), and turn off the crock.
Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
Add pasta to sauce in crock and stir well to incorporate.
Add V8 as needed to thin sauce to desired consistency.
Add V8, as well, to leftovers to dilute back down to desired consistency, as sauce thickens over time.
Serve hot topped with lots of cheese!