- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds Lean rump roast -- sliced 1/8" x 2"
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 tablespoons oriental sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients and pour over sliced beef. When all liquid is absorbed, put in the oven on a rack with a pan beneath to catch the drippings.
- The meat should be placed on a rack with a jelly roll pan beneath.
- Keep the meat from touching and turn two or three times during the drying time.
- Cook at 150-175 degrees for 6-8 hours depending on the thickness of the meat.
- If you are using a dehydrator, follow the directions provided by the manufacturer.
NotesI love jerky and it's so easy to make when you have a dehydrator. I have found that the grocery near me has meats that are thin sliced for fajitas that work really well and save lots of prep time.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Honey Pumpkin Pie
Angel Acres Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
Blueberry Soda BreadSee More