- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds Lean rump roast -- sliced 1/8" x 2"
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 tablespoons oriental sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients and pour over sliced beef. When all liquid is absorbed, put in the oven on a rack with a pan beneath to catch the drippings.
- The meat should be placed on a rack with a jelly roll pan beneath.
- Keep the meat from touching and turn two or three times during the drying time.
- Cook at 150-175 degrees for 6-8 hours depending on the thickness of the meat.
- If you are using a dehydrator, follow the directions provided by the manufacturer.
NotesI love jerky and it's so easy to make when you have a dehydrator. I have found that the grocery near me has meats that are thin sliced for fajitas that work really well and save lots of prep time.
The Naked Macaron
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More