- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds Lean rump roast -- sliced 1/8" x 2"
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 tablespoons oriental sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients and pour over sliced beef. When all liquid is absorbed, put in the oven on a rack with a pan beneath to catch the drippings.
- The meat should be placed on a rack with a jelly roll pan beneath.
- Keep the meat from touching and turn two or three times during the drying time.
- Cook at 150-175 degrees for 6-8 hours depending on the thickness of the meat.
- If you are using a dehydrator, follow the directions provided by the manufacturer.
NotesI love jerky and it's so easy to make when you have a dehydrator. I have found that the grocery near me has meats that are thin sliced for fajitas that work really well and save lots of prep time.