- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs Beef Shank or Beef Port Road
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch chunk of ginger, chopped
- 2 star anise
- 2 scallion stalks, chopped
- 2 T Chili bean sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1/8 cup sugar
- fresh hand-pulled noodles
- Chili Oil
- Sour Mustard
- Baby Bokchoy
- Soak beef pieces in hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain beef and mix with chili bean sauce.
- Over medium high heat saute garlic, ginger, scallions, and star anise in vegetable oil until fragrant.
- Add beef shank and chili bean sauce and saute for a few minutes, until the beef is slightly browned.
- Add soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, rice wine, and rock sugar.
- Add water until everything is covered.
- Cook in pressure cooker for 1 hour
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Breads and Pastry 101
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More