- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs Beef Shank or Beef Port Road
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch chunk of ginger, chopped
- 2 star anise
- 2 scallion stalks, chopped
- 2 T Chili bean sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1/8 cup sugar
- fresh hand-pulled noodles
- Chili Oil
- Sour Mustard
- Baby Bokchoy
- Soak beef pieces in hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain beef and mix with chili bean sauce.
- Over medium high heat saute garlic, ginger, scallions, and star anise in vegetable oil until fragrant.
- Add beef shank and chili bean sauce and saute for a few minutes, until the beef is slightly browned.
- Add soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, rice wine, and rock sugar.
- Add water until everything is covered.
- Cook in pressure cooker for 1 hour
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Get Cookin'See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More