- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound sirloin steak (or other steak), cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1-2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, sliced into 2-to-3-inch slices
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin, 2-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin, 2-inch slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin, 2-inch slices
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3-4 cups of hot cooked rice
- In large skillet or stock pot, fry steak, onions, and garlic in oil over meduim heat.
- When onions are starting to turn translucent and steak is partially cooked (still some pink), add tomato, beef broth, salt, and soy sauce.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, until meat is tender.
- Add bell peppers and stir to mix them in.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until peppers are crisp-tender, or almost as cooked as you prefer.
- In small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water.
- Add to pepper steak pan, stirring to avoid lumps and cook until mixture thickens.
- (Boil/simmer for about 3 minutes.)
- Serve over hot rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More