- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package Beef Rice-a-Roni (6.8 oz)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine the above and form into golf-ball sized meatballs.
- Brown on all sides in a skillet.
- Combine contents of the Beef Seasoning packet with 2 1/2 cups of hot water and pour over meatballs.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Thicken gravy, if desired.
- Can also use up to 1 1/3 lb. beef and up to 3 cups of water.
NotesGreat meatballs with rice for the kids
My mother originally clipped this recipe from a magazine ad for Rice-a-Roni about 1975(!) She made it for me for many years, it was the first recipe I could make as a kid, and now my own kids love it.
You must SAVE this recipe