- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 pounds Beef Back Ribs $4.98
- 2 T louisiana hot sauce .10
- 3 T oil .05
- 1/2 c white vinager .10
- 2 T cajun spice ( I know its my favorite) .10
- 3/4 C water .00
- 1 onion diced .10
- 1 T garilc powder .10
- 1/4 c soy sauce .50
- 1 t liquid smoke (any flavor) .20
- 1 jar favorite BBQ sauce or one homemade from one of the recipes here 1.69
- 1 2 pound bag onion rings 1.69
- Remove as much silver skin from back of ribs
- slice into 1 rib portions
- add all ingredients to pressure cooker with bottom insert attached except oil ribs and onions.
- heat oil in large heavy bottom fry pan and bring pressure cooker to boil
- brown off all sides of each rib and place into cooker, add onios and cook til carmelized, then deglaze pan with a bit of water and add to pressure cooker.
- place cover on cooker and once pressure is reached, on mine the top jiggles, cook for 20 minutes. without pressure cooker boiling time increases to about 2-3 hours and you lose much of the flavor.
- let stand until pressure goes down remove to a large bowl and cover with your favorite BBQ sauce. Be carefull as thes ribs are extremely tender and will fall off the bone if handle roughly.
- Grill or BBQ until lightly (or darkly in my case and taste), carmalized.
- With my get together I fried the onion rings in my deep fryer and served them along side the ribs.
- total time: 1 hr / actual work time 20 minutes.
- total cost $9.51/ cost per plate $1.58/ if served at a resturant price would be about 8.95 per plate with a salad.
- serving size: 1 to 2 ribs
- 1/2 cup onion rings
NotesWell we are having a few friends over and I asked my wife to go to our favorite (cheapest) meat supplier which happens to be a open mexican fruit market butcher shop, and asked her to buy what ever is on sale. She came home with beef back ribs, now mind you this is one of the toughest meats out there, hence the pressure cooker. Pressure cookers used to be dangerous explosive devices, but now they are just as safe as a whistlin' tea kettle, I use a 6 qt. Presto model. In times when money was tight, one had to use pressure cookers to save energy and to produce excellent food from less expensive meat. Here goes for the whole meal. Also since your are doing the cooking it is not impolite to ask that someone or everyone brings drinks. A couple of shots of Makers Mark goes great while cooking (the 5 shots cost more than the whole meal, but your guests wont know that).
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
The Naked Macaron
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More