- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 lbs. well-trimmed beef ribeye roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 jar (12 oz.) brown beef gravy
- 1/4 cup currant jelly
- 1-1/2 tsp. dry mustard, dissolved in 1 tsp. water
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Press evenly onto all sides of roast.
- Place rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Insert meat thermometer so bulb is centered in thickest part, not resting in fat.
- Do not add water or cover.
- Roast approximately 18-22 minutes per pound for medium-rare to medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135ºF for medium-rare or 150ºF for medium.
- Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise to 145ºF for medium-rare and 160ºF for medium.)
- Meanwhile in small saucepan, combine jar of gravy, jelly and dry mustard.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Carve roast into slices and serve with sauce
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Simple Recipes that WorkSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More