- Cooking Time: 5 to 10 min.
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 24 hrs
- 1 1/2 pounds beef, sliced thinly, then cut in 1" wide strips
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Arrange meat in a shallow glass pan. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat. Marinate, covered and refrigerated, overnight. Drain.
- Thread each strip of meat lengthwise on a soaked* bamboo skewer, weaving it in and out. Broil or grill briefly, until browned on both sides.
- *The author recommends soaking the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent them from burning.
NotesWhile satay is a Southeast Asian dish, it is becoming popular at Chinese dim sum. The hoisin sauce gives this recipe a different flavor than Indonesian or Thai satays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More