- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 lbs beef short ribs, trimmed
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, scrubbed and scored
- 1 lb bag of baby carrots
- 2 onions, cut in thick wedges
- 1 bottle (12oz) beer
- 6 tablespons French's spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons French's spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcesterchire sauce
- Broil ribs 6 inches from heat on rack in broiler pan for 10 minutes or until well browned, turning once.
- Place veggies in bottom of slow cooker; place browned ribs on top.
- Combine 6 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl and pour into slow cooker. Cover & cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 10 hours.
- Transfer meat and veggies to platter; keep warm. Strain fat from broth.
- Combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water in small bowl; stir into remaining broth with 2 tablespoons mustard and 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce. Heat until boiling and thickened. Serve this gravy with meat and veggies.
Noteshere's a beef short rib stew I've been meaning to try in my crockpot...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More