- Cooking Time: 300
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 lbs. beef short ribs, trimmed
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes, scrubbed and scored
- 8 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large onions, cut into thick wedges
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) beer or non-alcoholic malt beverage
- 8 tbsp. FRENCH'S® Spicy Brown Mustard
- 3 tbsp. FRENCH'S® Classic Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water
- BROIL ribs 6-inches from heat until well-browned, about 10 min. Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker. Place ribs on top of vegetables.
- COMBINE beer, 6 tbsp. mustard and 2 tbsp. Worcestershire. Pour over all. Cover pot. Cook on high-heat setting for 5 hours (or 10 hours on low setting) until meat is tender. Remove meat and vegetables with slotted spoon to platter; keep warm.
- SKIM fat from broth. Pour broth into saucepan. Whisk cornstarch mixture into broth and simmer 2 min. until thickened, stirring often. Stir in remaining 2 tbsp. mustard and 1 tbsp. Worcestershire; heat through.
- SERVE gravy with meat and vegetables.
NotesSure you've had ribs before, but with FRENCH'S® Spicy Brown Mustard at the foundation of this Deviled Beef Short Rib Stew, you will never look at stew the same way again.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More