BEEF STEW WITH WHITE WINE
- Cooking Time: 180
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 pound stew beef, cubed
- ½ cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 28 oz can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- Preheat a large pot over medium-high heat with canola oil.
- Shake beef in a zip top bag with flour, salt and pepper then transfer to the pot and brown 3-4 minutes, turn and brown 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, mushrooms and celery to the pot and cook with occasional stirring until vegetables are soft, about fifteen minutes.
- Stir in garlic and herbs de Provence, cook 60 seconds then stir in wine, tomatoes and beef broth.
- Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Add potatoes and cover, cook a further 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
NotesYes, you can cook beef with white wine. This recipe is a bit lighter with white wine and herbs de Provence that compliment each other nicely and lighten the whole dish. It's delicious served with hot crusty French bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More