1 teaspoon of salt
* 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
* 1/2 cup of dry bread crumbs
* 2 cups of red wine
* 2 tablespoons of instant tapioca
* 2 small (cut into chunks) turnips
* 1 pound of small cleaned mushrooms
* 1 red (cut into 1/2 inch strips) pepper
* 1/2 pound of baby carrots
* 4 (cut into wedges) tomatoes
* 1 diced large onion
* 3 pounds of (cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes) stew beef
* 1/2 pound of frozen small pearl onion
Put all the ingredients except the pearl onions in a Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 4 hours. Don’t peek! Add the pearl onions after the stew is removed from the oven.
Serve with crusty bread.