- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 pound beef or pork stew meat, cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cups vegetable juice (regular or Spicy)
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-1/2 cups cubed yellow potatoes
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup forzen or canned kernel corn
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes (optional)
- Place flour into a plastic bag. Add meat cubes, a few at a time, shaking to coat. In a large saucepan or pot, brown meat, half at a time in hot oil. Drain fat. Return all meat to saucepan. Stir in the vegetable juice, water, onion, bouillon granules, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, oregano, bay leaf and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/4 hours for beef (about 30 min for pork) or till meat is nearly tender. Stir in potatoes, green beans, corn, carrots, mushrooms and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes more or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf.
NotesThis is one of my Fav. meals!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
GAES PTO Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More