- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is one of my Fav. meals!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 pound beef or pork stew meat, cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cups vegetable juice (regular or Spicy)
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-1/2 cups cubed yellow potatoes
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup forzen or canned kernel corn
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes (optional)
- Place flour into a plastic bag. Add meat cubes, a few at a time, shaking to coat. In a large saucepan or pot, brown meat, half at a time in hot oil. Drain fat. Return all meat to saucepan. Stir in the vegetable juice, water, onion, bouillon granules, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, oregano, bay leaf and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/4 hours for beef (about 30 min for pork) or till meat is nearly tender. Stir in potatoes, green beans, corn, carrots, mushrooms and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes more or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf.