- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 lb. beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I used already cut stew meat)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen souther-style has brown potatoes (from 32 oz. pkg.)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (4.5 oz) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 envelope dry beef-mushroom soup mix (I couldn't find this so used Onion Mushroom)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 1/2 cups water
- Heat nonstick Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef & onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until beef is browned.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, celery and mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add soup mix, thyme, pepper and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with chopped fresh parsley.
- Yield: 5 (1 1/3 cup) servings.
Notesfrom Pillsbury 30-Minute Meals
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More