- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/8-inch thin strips
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh snow peas (I used broccoli because we had some in the house)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and chicken broth.
- Reserve 1/4 cup.
- Place beef in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add remaining soy sauce mixture; seal and mix. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Stir in reserved soy sauce mixture until smooth; set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet (I used my wok), stir-fry mushrooms and snow peas in 2 teaspoons hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until snow peas are crisp-tender.
- Remove and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the beef in the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil for 2 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add vegetables back to skillet and toss to combine.
- Served over brown rice.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
GAES PTO Recipes
Christmas CookiesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More