Beef Stir Fry
1 pound beef, sliced fairly thin then cut into ½” wide x 2” long strips (can also use pork)
4 stalks celery, slivered
4 carrots, sliced
1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 large handful snow peas, strung
3 cloves garlic
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup Sauvignon Blanc (white) wine
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Marinade: (Combine all ingredients and blend well.)
2 teaspoon sesame oil
¼ cup white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
⅛ cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
½ cup beef broth
1. Prepare marinade.
2. Cut meat and marinate a minimum of 20 minutes.
3. Sliver celery and put in a small bowl.
4. Slice carrots and precook slightly; set aside.
5. Cut onions and bell peppers and put together in a separate bowl.
6. Put wok on high heat and add oil. When hot, add celery; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
7. Add snow peas, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil to wok; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
8. Place vegetables in a large bowl and set aside.
9. Remove meat from marinade (reserve marinade).
10. Add 2 tablespoons oil to wok. When hot, add drained meat and fry until nicely browned.
11. Drain liquid from wok and return vegetables.
12. To reserved marinade, blend in the cornstarch then add to wok. Add wine. Add broth, as needed, for proper consistency. Add pepper flakes. (You may need to add more soy sauce for flavor.)