- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs sirloin tip pan steak (you can also use beef stew meat cooked in a crock pot on high 4-5 hours)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 TBSP yellow onions, diced
- 4 TBSP all-purpose flour (or 2 TBSP cornstarch and 2 TBSP flour)
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed beef broth (or 1 beef bullion cube disolved in 1-1/4 cups of boiling water)
- 1 TSP prepared mustard
- 1 TBSP Worchestershite sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim fat and cube sirloin pan steak (or cut into 2" long slices).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and brown the beef strips about 4 minutes.
- Push to right side of the pan.
- Add the onions and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Push to right side of the pan with the meat.
- Stir the flour into the juices on the empty side of the pan.
- Pour in beef broth (either canned or use buillion as directed above) and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower the heat and stir in mustard and Worchestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, sour cream, cream cheese and white wine.
- Heat briefly then salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss or pour over broad (large) egg noodles.
NotesThis tasty beef dish smothered in a cream sauce is to die for! I took the original recipe from allrecipes.com and revised it my own way.
OTHER NOTES OF INTEREST
For another tasty treat, add 1/3 can of peas to the mixture and pour over biscuits that have been cut in 1/2 (a beef ala king type meal).
A great way to add flavor to your meat is to marinate it in 1 cup of red wine for 2-4 hours prior to cooking. You can also cook beef stew meat in a crock pot with 4 cups of water and 1/2 cup of red wine for 4-5 hours.