- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2-3 BIG helpings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds top sirloin roast, trimmed
- 1 C flour
- 2 - 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Can Beef Consomme
- 1/2 C dry red wine
- 1/3 C sour cream
- egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- *note - all of these measurements are approximate. I normally do this recipe by taste, but this is a good starting place!)
- 1. Cut beef into strips
- 2. Mix the salt and pepper into the flour. I normally add garlic powder as well, but that is up to you!
- 3. Coat the beef strips in the flour.
- 4. Add a tablespoon of butter into a pan on medium/high heat. Add the coated beef strips, cook until browned. Do this step in batches (which is why you will need 2 - 4 Tablespoons of butter depending on how many batches you do). Remove cooked beef to plate, let rest while you finish all batches.
- 5. Once all meat has been cleared of the pan, add the beef consomme and red wine. Deglaze the pan, then add all the beef back in and let simmer.
- 6. Begin cooking the egg noodles while the beef simmers. This should take about 15 minutes total.
- 7. When noodles are done and beef has simmered for about 15-20 minutes, lower heat on the beef and add in sour cream. Stir and keep on low heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- 8. Serve and enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More