1 1/2 to 2 pounds top sirloin roast, trimmed
1 C flour
2 - 4 Tablespoons butter
1 Can Beef Consomme
1/2 C dry red wine
1/3 C sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
*note - all of these measurements are approximate. I normally do this recipe by taste, but this is a good starting place!)
1. Cut beef into strips
2. Mix the salt and pepper into the flour. I normally add garlic powder as well, but that is up to you!
3. Coat the beef strips in the flour.
4. Add a tablespoon of butter into a pan on medium/high heat. Add the coated beef strips, cook until browned. Do this step in batches (which is why you will need 2 - 4 Tablespoons of butter depending on how many batches you do). Remove cooked beef to plate, let rest while you finish all batches.
5. Once all meat has been cleared of the pan, add the beef consomme and red wine. Deglaze the pan, then add all the beef back in and let simmer.
6. Begin cooking the egg noodles while the beef simmers. This should take about 15 minutes total.
7. When noodles are done and beef has simmered for about 15-20 minutes, lower heat on the beef and add in sour cream. Stir and keep on low heat for about 2-3 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!