- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix* OR 1 package taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup (low sodium/healthy request okay)
- 1 cup Pace Thick & Chunky Salsa OR Picante Sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inch) OR 8 corn tortillas (6 inch), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped onions, peppers and/or tomatoes, as desired
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Brown beef over medium-high heat, stirring to separate meat.
- Pour off fat and add Homemade Taco Mix and water. Simmer over medium heat until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- In a 2 quart shallow baking dish, mix soup, salsa, milk, tortillas and half the cheese.
- Add meat and vegetables (if using) and stir well.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve with sour cream, hot sauce, mexican rice, tortilla chips and/or veggies as desired (chopped veggies can be baked in or served on the side). Goes well with lemonade/limeade or red sangria with sliced lemon, lime and orange wedges.
NotesThis weekend, my mom and I made this tasty dish from my Campbells 1-2-3 cookbook. The original recipe was fairly simple, so we punched it up a bit. When deciding between mild, medium or hot salsa/picante sauce, keep in mind the preferences of everyone. It's easy to make a dish spicier with hot sauce but almost impossible to make a dish milder.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More