BEEF TACO RICE SKILLET
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1-1/4 oz. envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup thick-and-chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup shredded taco-seasoned cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- Sour cream, if desired
- Cook beef in 10" skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix, water, salsa and corn. Heat to boiling;
- stir in rice.
- Boil 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand 8 minutes.
- Fluff rice mixture with fork; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle lettuce around edge of skillet; sprinkle tomato in circle next to lettuce.
- Serve with sour cream.
- Variation: If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, wrap 'em up in a flour tortilla to serve for lunch the next day.
- If you want a little more kick, use spicy salsa and add a few drops of red pepper sauce to the rice mixture.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More