- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Fresh California Avocados, peeled, pitted
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick
- (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons hot chili oil, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch diameter), warmed
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup low-fat crumbled queso fresco
- 1. For guacamole, mash 1 avocado in small bowl with fork; add pomegranate juice and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Mix well; set aside.
- 2. Slice remaining avocado and drizzle with remaining lime juice.
- 3. Cut beef lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- 4. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- 5. Top each tortilla with equal amounts beef, avocado slices, red cabbage, queso fresco and guacamole.
- Makes 4 servings (2 tacos per serving)
- Nutrition information per serving: 503 calories; 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 12 g monounsaturated fat); 90 mg cholesterol; 300 mg sodium; 32 g carbohydrate; 8.5 g fiber; 37 g protein; 9.7 mg niacin; 1.0 mg vitamin B6; 2.0 mcg vitamin B12; 3.1 mg iron; 38 mcg selenium; 7.0 mg zinc; 126.3 mg choline.
- This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6,choline; and a good source of iron. vitamin B12, zinc, selenium and
- © Cattlemen’s Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More