Beef Tacos with Pomegranate Guacamole
2 Fresh California Avocados, peeled, pitted
2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick
(about 1 pound)
2 teaspoons hot chili oil, divided
8 corn tortillas (6-inch diameter), warmed
2 cups shredded red cabbage
1 cup low-fat crumbled queso fresco
1. For guacamole, mash 1 avocado in small bowl with fork; add pomegranate juice and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Mix well; set aside.
2. Slice remaining avocado and drizzle with remaining lime juice.
3. Cut beef lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
4. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
5. Top each tortilla with equal amounts beef, avocado slices, red cabbage, queso fresco and guacamole.
Makes 4 servings (2 tacos per serving)
Nutrition information per serving: 503 calories; 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 12 g monounsaturated fat); 90 mg cholesterol; 300 mg sodium; 32 g carbohydrate; 8.5 g fiber; 37 g protein; 9.7 mg niacin; 1.0 mg vitamin B6; 2.0 mcg vitamin B12; 3.1 mg iron; 38 mcg selenium; 7.0 mg zinc; 126.3 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6,choline; and a good source of iron. vitamin B12, zinc, selenium and
© Cattlemen’s Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.