- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 (8 ounce) filet mignon steaks
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season filets to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to smoke. Sear steaks until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer steaks to preheated oven, and cook for about 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. When the steaks are done, set aside to rest in a warm place while finishing the sauce.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and ginger, cook gently until fragrant and translucent, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in sake and mirin; reduce by half. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of butter. Once melted, reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the butter turns a dark golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in chives. Serve sauce over steaks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More