- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 (8 ounce) filet mignon steaks
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season filets to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to smoke. Sear steaks until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer steaks to preheated oven, and cook for about 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. When the steaks are done, set aside to rest in a warm place while finishing the sauce.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and ginger, cook gently until fragrant and translucent, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in sake and mirin; reduce by half. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of butter. Once melted, reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the butter turns a dark golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in chives. Serve sauce over steaks.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Sharing Christmas with Friends
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More