- Cooking Time: 70
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. beef round, tip or chuck steak (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper sauce, optional
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 oz.) mushroom pieces and steams, undrained
- Mix flour, 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle one side of beef steak with half the flour mixture; pound in.
- Turn beef and pound in remaining flour mixture. Cut beef into 6 serving pieces, or into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Cook beef in oil over medium heat, turning once, until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add onion.
- Mix remaining ingredients together, except water and mushrooms; stir into beef.
- Combine water and mushrooms, and add to beef.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 1 hour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More