- Cooking Time: 70
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. beef round, tip or chuck steak (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper sauce, optional
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 oz.) mushroom pieces and steams, undrained
- Mix flour, 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle one side of beef steak with half the flour mixture; pound in.
- Turn beef and pound in remaining flour mixture. Cut beef into 6 serving pieces, or into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Cook beef in oil over medium heat, turning once, until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add onion.
- Mix remaining ingredients together, except water and mushrooms; stir into beef.
- Combine water and mushrooms, and add to beef.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 1 hour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More