- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- Salt for water
- 24 thin stalks asparagus
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 bunch scallions, greens only
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill or grill pan until hot, or prepare oven broiler.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Cut off asparagus ends to within 3 1/2 inches from tips; reserve bottoms for another use. Place tips in boiling water; cook until bright green but still crunchy, about 1 minute.
- Prepare an ice-water bath.
- Drain asparagus; transfer to an ice-water bath to stop cooking.
- Drain asparagus again in a colander, and set aside.
- Whisk together soy sauce and sugar until dissolved; set aside.
- Cut scallions into 3 1/2-inch lengths, julienned lengthwise; set aside.
- Slice tenderloin into 1/4-inch-thick pieces. Place one slice between two pieces of plastic; pound lightly to an even thickness.
- Remove plastic; trim into 2-by-5-inch rectangle. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Dip a piece of beef in soy-sauce mixture, and place on a clean surface.
- Season with pepper.
- Place 1 piece of scallion and 2 asparagus tips across 1 end of beef, so vegetables extend over edges; roll.
- Set aside.
- Repeat with remaining beef and vegetables.
- Grill or broil negimaki, brushing with sauce and turning, until slightly charred and medium rare, about 2 minutes.
- Yield: 8 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More