- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 med sweet onion, diced
- 1 med green pepper, chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup quick cooking barley (for reg. barley, add 10 min to cooking time)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Saute first 5 ingredients, stirring frequently until meat and veg are done.
- Add beef broth, tomatoes and barley and stir well.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 min. stirring often.
- Add parsley during last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat, stir and serve in bowls
Notes1995 New York State Beef Cook-Off
Second Place Winner - Grace Hanusin
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Summertime SippersSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More