- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 med sweet onion, diced
- 1 med green pepper, chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup quick cooking barley (for reg. barley, add 10 min to cooking time)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Saute first 5 ingredients, stirring frequently until meat and veg are done.
- Add beef broth, tomatoes and barley and stir well.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 min. stirring often.
- Add parsley during last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat, stir and serve in bowls
Notes1995 New York State Beef Cook-Off
Second Place Winner - Grace Hanusin
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More