BEEF AND BARLEY MULLIGAN
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 med sweet onion, diced
- 1 med green pepper, chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup quick cooking barley (for reg. barley, add 10 min to cooking time)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Saute first 5 ingredients, stirring frequently until meat and veg are done.
- Add beef broth, tomatoes and barley and stir well.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 min. stirring often.
- Add parsley during last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat, stir and serve in bowls
Notes1995 New York State Beef Cook-Off
Second Place Winner - Grace Hanusin
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More