- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso® refried beans
- 1 jar (16 oz) Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso® 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in refried beans, salsa and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat to medium. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In ungreased 2-quart casserole, place 2 cups of the broken tortilla chips. Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with bell pepper, onions, 1 cup of the tomato, the cheese and olives.
- 3. Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Top baked casserole with lettuce, remaining 1/2 cup tomato and remaining 1/2 cup tortilla chips.
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More