- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz pack spicy sausage
- 2 C canola oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 1 C all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 C chicken stock
- 1 (6 oz) box chicken flavored bread stuffing mix (made to package instructions)
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley leaves
- 1 TBSP chopped thyme leaves
- 2 TBSP chopped scallions
- Heat skillet over medium heat and drop dime size dollops of sausage into the pan. Cook until golden brown, approximately 12-15 minutes, remove from pan and set aside.
- After removing sausage add a 1/4 C canola oil to pa and stir in 1/2 C flour. Stir to create a roux, and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes. Slowly add the chicken stock, stirring while you pour and let simmer, stirring frequently until it thickens, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, heat 2 C oil o medium-high heat to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine stuffing, parsley, thyme and scallions, mix.
- Take quarter sized or 1 TBSP of stuffing mix and wrap it around the individual sausage balls Cover the sausage completely and set aside.
- Once all sausage balls are coated in stuffing, dredge in remaining 1/2 cup of flour. Carefully drop into hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with gravy.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Chicken with Basil-Lemon-Garlic Oil, Parmesan, and Black Pepper
Blue Cheese Pull Apart Loaf
MINESTRONE SOUPSee More