- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz pack spicy sausage
- 2 C canola oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 1 C all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 C chicken stock
- 1 (6 oz) box chicken flavored bread stuffing mix (made to package instructions)
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley leaves
- 1 TBSP chopped thyme leaves
- 2 TBSP chopped scallions
- Heat skillet over medium heat and drop dime size dollops of sausage into the pan. Cook until golden brown, approximately 12-15 minutes, remove from pan and set aside.
- After removing sausage add a 1/4 C canola oil to pa and stir in 1/2 C flour. Stir to create a roux, and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes. Slowly add the chicken stock, stirring while you pour and let simmer, stirring frequently until it thickens, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, heat 2 C oil o medium-high heat to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine stuffing, parsley, thyme and scallions, mix.
- Take quarter sized or 1 TBSP of stuffing mix and wrap it around the individual sausage balls Cover the sausage completely and set aside.
- Once all sausage balls are coated in stuffing, dredge in remaining 1/2 cup of flour. Carefully drop into hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with gravy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Sailstad Family Cookbook
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More