- Cooking Time: 2 1/4 hours
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 C finely chopped salt pork or bacon
- 2 1/2 - 3 lbs beef stew meet
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 3 T paprika
- 1 T salt
- 1 t ground nutmeg
- 1 t dried marjoram
- 1 C water
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 6 carrots or parsnips, thickly sliced
- 2 12 oz cans beer
- Cook salt pork in large stew pot until rendered
- Add meat: cook an stir over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- Remove meat.
- Reduce heat to medium; add onions and cook until tender.
- Return meat to pot and add seasonings, beer, water, tomato paste and Worcestershire; stir to mix
- Cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add prepared vegetables; cover and simmer until vegetables are cooked, about 45 minutes.
NotesI don't remember where this recipe came from. We make this in a cast iron dutch oven when camping. Easy prep ahead recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More