- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1 1/4 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. diced green pepper
- 1-8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. garlic salt
- 1-8 oz. refrigerated buttermilk or country style biscuits
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Brown ground beef, onion and green pepper in a large frying pan; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder and garlic salt. Simmer while preparing dough.
- Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits; pull each biscuit apart into 2 layers. Press 1/2 of the dough over bottom of an un-greased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup shredded cheese, sour cream and egg; mix well. Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream mixture and spoon over dough.
- Arrange remaining biscuit layers on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are a deep golden brown.
- Double recipe for a 9×13-inch pan
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More