- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1 1/4 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. diced green pepper
- 1-8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. garlic salt
- 1-8 oz. refrigerated buttermilk or country style biscuits
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Brown ground beef, onion and green pepper in a large frying pan; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder and garlic salt. Simmer while preparing dough.
- Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits; pull each biscuit apart into 2 layers. Press 1/2 of the dough over bottom of an un-greased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup shredded cheese, sour cream and egg; mix well. Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream mixture and spoon over dough.
- Arrange remaining biscuit layers on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are a deep golden brown.
- Double recipe for a 9×13-inch pan
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
The Social Cookbook
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More