- Cooking Time: 25 - 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green chile pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, onion and green chile pepper; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder ,and garlic salt.
- Simmer while preparing the biscuits.
- Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits.
- Pull each biscuit into 2 layers.
- Press 10 biscuit halves on the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish to form bottom crust.
- Reserve the other 10 biscuit halves for the top layer.
- Remove meat mixture from heat, and stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese, sour cream, and egg; mix well.
- Spoon over bottom crust.
- Arrange remaining biscuit halves to form top crust, and spoon remaining cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until biscuits are a deep golden brown color.
NotesI got this recipe off of the Nest and it's delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More