- Cooking Time: 90minutes
- Servings: 4/5
- Preparation Time: 30minutes
- 450g Braising steak or 1 pack of sausages, cut into chunks
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 heaped tbsp flour
- 225g chopped root veggies
- 570ml beef stock
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- dried herbs
- Use a casserole dish that can be used on your hob, or a saucepan first if you don't have one of these. Fry the onion in some oil and then brown the meat. Add the tbsp of flour and mix around. Now add 300ml of the beef stock. Add in any combination of chopped veggies. Give it a little stir and bring to the boil.
- Now add the flavourings, add a tbsp of tomato purée and 1 tsp of dried herbs. Add the hot stock to just cover everything and place in the oven @ 180° Beef casserole for 90mins and sausage casserole for 60mins.
- For a slight change you can replace the beef stock for red wine when making the beef casserole to make it a beef bourguignon- just add mushrooms half an hour before the end!
NotesI tried to create a dish I could give to everybody when my son was small so I wouldn't have to cook for him and then for the rest of us. I then remembered casseroles so I thought why not the meat is cut quite small and the veggies are soft this is a perfect solution!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More