- 1 lb of ground beef(or turkey)
- 1 box of Wheat Rotini
- 1 Large can of crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspon of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (sounds weird, but will cut down on acid)
- Parm. Cheese (grated) Kids may like cheddar instead.
Put on large pot of water to boil, season with salt.
Now, brown ground beef in large pan
Add garlic, then onion and peppers and saute.
Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, crushed pepper.
Add crushed tomatoes and sugar and simmer on low.
Add rotini to boiling water and cook til "al dente".
Add pasta to sauce and toss.
Add parm. cheese and Enjoy!
Serve with crusty garlic bread and salad. Not chef boyardee LOL
This is an easy dish to make and kids will love it, even the kid in us. Beware, you maybe making this dish weekly. This is not the can stuff we all grew up on.