- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6- 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs. lean beefsteak, cut
- into 1 " cubes
- 1/4 Cup butrer
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 3 Tbls. flour
- 1 (10-oz.) can beef consomme
- 2 med. onion, sliced thin
- 1 Cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 tsp. dillweed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbls. worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 unbaked 9" deep dish pie
- 1 Tbls. melted butter
- Brown beef in butter and olive oil in large skillet.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Stir in consomme, onions, celery, dillweed, bay leaf, and worcestershire sauce.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove and discard bayleaf.
- Pour the mixture into 2-quart casserole and
- cover with pie shell.
- Seal edges with fork, brush with melted butter
- and bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes, or until
- crust is golden brown.
NotesThis recipe I found in the Church Supper cookbook.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More